Learn more about the ways our team can help you beat your opioid addiction for good.
There is a serious opioid epidemic here in the US, and in Maryland alone, nearly 90 percent of drug overdose deaths involved opioids in 2018. Addiction is a chronic condition that, like any other chronic health problem, requires proper treatment. Here in Silver Spring, MD, our family nurse practitioners, Dr. Florence Odubayo and Dr. Victoria Bassey, have provided individualized opioid addiction treatment to patients and their families to help them recover and lead healthier, happier, and addiction-free lives.
When you schedule an appointment with us, one of our nurse practitioners will take you through a comprehensive assessment. This assessment will involve,
- Going through your history and asking questions about your health, history of opioid use, and your family’s history with addiction.
- Performing a physical examination to see how addiction has impacted your physical or mental health.
- Running urine tests to see if there are any drugs in your system.
This assessment is key for us to determine the best treatment options for you. Every patient’s case is going to be different and we recognize that one treatment may not work as well for one person as it does for someone else. By understanding your medical background, family history, and current health status, we can create an effective and customized treatment plan to treat your opioid addiction and help you prevent relapse.
The treatment plan will usually include:
- Taking medication to treat the addiction by lessening withdrawal symptoms (medically supervised detox)
- Visiting your provider regularly for monitoring and checkups
- Undergoing counseling and therapy to discuss how certain issues could be contributing to their addiction
While we offer outpatient opioid addiction treatment and services, if you or a family member requires inpatient care, we can also provide recommendations and refer you to an inpatient addiction facility.
If you or a loved one is dealing with opioid abuse or addiction, it’s important that you find a team of professionals who can provide compassionate care in a judgement-free setting. To learn more about your opioid addiction treatment options here in Silver Spring, MD, schedule an appointment at Exceptional Primary & Preventive Healthcare by calling (301) 587-6464.